5.04.2011

What's this all about?

I started a blog last May to help me get through a difficult time. I was struggling to find a job and I didn't know what I wanted to do. I was lost. I didn't know who I was or where I was going. I was a newlywed and happily married but inside me I was a mess.

For some time I knew I wanted to encourage people, I just didn't know how or in what way? There is so much negativity, pessimism, and cynicism in our world that I wanted there to be a place where someone could go and not be hit with that stuff. So I started Sun is Shining......and.....Life is Good blog.

On May 27th it will be a year that I've been blogging and I've done it everyday. In the beginning my blog gave me a purpose everyday and something to look forward too. It helped me stay positive and encouraged during a rough time. As the days and months passed though I started figuring out who I was and what I was passionate for.

The more I read and hear about life in developing countries (especially Africa) my heart breaks. I can't imagine living the way they do when I am so, so, so blessed here in the U.S. For me personally I feel I have a responsibility to help. How can I live like a queen here (compared to people in developing countries) while people are suffering so badly over there?

As I started getting passionate for "the least of these" I would write about it on my blog but the blog I had started was suppose to be encouraging and uplifting and I wasn't always writing the most positive things. I had to spin it a little to make it positive. Like, here's the situation and yes it's not good BUT here's how we can help and make it good. My heart is overtaken with the help that these people need and I want to talk about it and yell about it and get passionate but I can't on my other blog.......so here's my new blog where I do just that. I advocate for those who are suffering and don't even have their most basic needs met. Here's where I say "Why is this happening? How can people be so cruel and mean?" and "What can WE do to help?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment