1.23.2012

The Daily Good

I don't know how I came about these emails, The Daily Good but I'm sure glad I did. Everyday {hence The DAILY Good} I get an email from this "organization" about one-good-thing-a-day. In a world that can be so depressing and sad, it is wonderful to hear good and positive things.

I love finding organizations that are incorporating products and/or services with helping those less fortunate. Probably the first one that comes to mind is Toms Shoes. The company is FABULOUS! {I'm actually wearing a TOMS sweatshirt right now. To be honest I have worn it about EVERYDAY since I got it-a week and a half ago. It's just so soft and cozy.} If you aren't aware of TOMS, it is a one-for-one organization. It started with shoes. For every shoe that was purchased, another shoe was given to someone in need. The company has grown like crazy and has now branched out to helping those who need glasses or eye-surgery.

In one of my Daily Good emails, another company was mentioned, Sevenly. A very simple idea; every week Sevenly works with an organization/charity and designs a shirt for that charity. The t-shirts are $22 and the hoodies are $35 and $7 of that money goes to that weeks charity. Sevenly wants to raise capital and awareness of the world's greatest causes. Last week was autism and this week it is clothing for the children of Bolivia through the organization Clothes4Souls. I have a deep passion for the less fortunate across the ocean, so I bought a hoodie this week=) Sevenly's goal for the children of Bolovia is $5600 or 800 t-shirts/sweatshirts sold. Can you help make it happen this week?!

I highly recommend checking out TOMS Shoes and Sevenly if you are interested in making your purchases count for something!

No comments:

Post a Comment